wet floor

95 grand am has about1 inch of water on the drivers side floor.dry it out but it keeps coming back.any help how to stop this?Thanks
Reply to
edededski

Gotta find the source first. e.g.

  1. windshield
  2. rusted out cowl area
  3. torn vapor barrier inside door

I assume it's parked in the rain, right?

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Or heater core if it's not a rain-related problem.

Reply to
REP

If it is clear water, it isn't the heater core. If you're using the A/C, could be that evap. drain hose is plugged up - not an uncommon problem.

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

Reply to
William H. Bowen

I didn't mention heater core or AC cuz I have only seen them soak the passenger side floor, never the driver's. Guess it's possible. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Move to Arizona!! ;-)

Seriously though...there's obviously a water leak somewhere. Easiest thing to do is take a hose and have someone hold it on the windshield while you're in the car. You can then see where the water is coming from and take appropriate measures to fix the problem. Most likely its the windshield seal.

Jeff Foglietta

Reply to
Jeff

Blown heater core dampened both driver and passenger side in my old

6000, but that car was quirky!
Reply to
REP

Thank you all.sealed up winshield & area under cow panel.so far so good.

Reply to
edededski

I'm having the same problem in my 94 Grand Am. I'm almost positive it isn't the heater core, as I just had it replaced about a year ago. I know it's not the A/C because it doesn't work and it's a little too cold outside to be using it. :) I'm getting water in both the driver and passenger side. I've had a problem of the inside of my windshield frosting over rather than the outside (causing me to have to scrap on the inside of the car). Would that problem be related to this one?

Reply to
kenny.wells

Unless you own the same car, problems are not related.

Is it likely you have the SAME problem? Yes. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

you own the same car, problems are not related.

Yea, I didn't word that they way I wanted to.

Would the frost on the windshield be related to the moisture on the floor?

Reply to
kenny.wells

My friend has the same car, and at least part of the problem is coming from a hole in the firewall. If you look behind the engine on the firewall, you can see a "flange" where the firewall and floor pan are joined together (I think that's what's joined there anyway)... and the flange traps water and that caused a small hole to rust through. The rest of the car body is "rust-free" but this small hole lets in bucket loads of water onto the passenger side floor... since the flange routes the water right to the hole! I patched it temporarily and the wet floor went away... but it didn't take long for the water to rust a spot next to the patch and it all started again. If you pull back the carpet on the passenger side, you can probably see the hole (light coming through) if you have the same problem. I imagine the driver's side is the same way, but didn't look at it at the time.

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
David Courtney