Ford tech with 2003 Focus

hi anybody need some advise on the focus. i just bought a 2003 xr5.

snipped-for-privacy@zipcon.com writes

Not at the moment.

That's nice. I've had my Focus for over four years.
--
Paul Giverin

Thought of changing it yet Paul?
Should be some bargains to be had when the new one comes out next year.
--
Hmm must get round to finding a decent sig

I've not long finished paying for it. I'm going to use the money I would normally use for the monthly payments for other purposes for a year or so.
I've done about 60k miles to date and its a reliable and comfortable workhorse. I may even keep it for another few years and reap the longer term benefits of the care I've given it.
--
Paul Giverin

hmm this sounds far too sensible to me :-)

Always been an interesting discussion point this whether to keep the car long term or sell and replace on a regular basis never come to a firm conclusion myself. With what appears to be better body work for longer on modern cars the long term approach seems a good idea nowadays. I can remember my Dad having an Austin Maxi from new (1972) for 10 years thing had more holes than a Swiss by the time it went to the scrap heap, mind you it was the spiritual predecessor to cars like the Focus.
--
Hmm must get round to finding a decent sig

Mr Ford tech, How can I get the MTX-75 manual transmission shift really smooth even when temperatures reach minus 20 centigrades and below? And how do I get the final gear to run silent at around 80 km/h when no load is applied? /per