Ford tech with 2003 Focus

hi anybody need some advise on the focus. i just bought a 2003 xr5.

Reply to
mecman

In message , snipped-for-privacy@zipcon.com writes

Not at the moment.

That's nice. I've had my Focus for over four years.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Thought of changing it yet Paul?

Should be some bargains to be had when the new one comes out next year.

Reply to
Andy Lee

In message , Andy Lee writes

I've not long finished paying for it. I'm going to use the money I would normally use for the monthly payments for other purposes for a year or so.

I've done about 60k miles to date and its a reliable and comfortable workhorse. I may even keep it for another few years and reap the longer term benefits of the care I've given it.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

hmm this sounds far too sensible to me :-)

Always been an interesting discussion point this whether to keep the car long term or sell and replace on a regular basis never come to a firm conclusion myself. With what appears to be better body work for longer on modern cars the long term approach seems a good idea nowadays. I can remember my Dad having an Austin Maxi from new (1972) for 10 years thing had more holes than a Swiss by the time it went to the scrap heap, mind you it was the spiritual predecessor to cars like the Focus.

Reply to
Andy Lee

Mr Ford tech, How can I get the MTX-75 manual transmission shift really smooth even when temperatures reach minus 20 centigrades and below? And how do I get the final gear to run silent at around 80 km/h when no load is applied? /per

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
per