Gas pedal won't depress in the morning

Late 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. PZEV engine. 44,000 miles. When I start my car in the morning, particulalry a cold morning, the gas pedal will not depress. It's as if it's locked into place and simply won't move. After 10 minutes or so of warming up, I can finally "push through" whatever's making it stick and it works completely fine for the rest of my drive. I have NEVER had a problem with it sticking while depressed. This problem first occurred at around 15-20k miles while under warranty and the dealer replaced my throttle cable, but all the things I've read about the throttle cable problems seem to refer to the pedal being sticking while depressed. Do throttle cables only last

20k miles?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jdiggity

Throttle cable ? I thought the gas pedal was wired on these models... Elecronic communication with the injection is the rule now, just like in airplanes the car is multiplexed.

Anyway, your dealer got rid of you and your problem a bit too easily, don't you think ? Go back and yell.

Burt.

"jdiggity" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bertrand Couot

Its probably carbon deposits in the throttle body. All auto parts stores sell cans of "throttle body cleaner" which should dissolve the deposits and make the sticking go away. I doubt its the cable itself.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon