How do you take rust stains off a light alloy wheel?

I have a 2000 ZX3 with Sparkle wheels and they have rust stains on them. I am looking for a product to remove the stains. Is CLR too corrosive?
Ron

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Freedom55 wrote:

--
Chris Game

Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
Chris Game wrote:

from the rear drums which rust a little on the outside and the rust then transfers to the alloys.
Ron
On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:04:04 GMT, Freedom55 <"joinertake this

I'm guessing the rust is from something else rusting and running onto the rims. I would try soft buffing comounds, even give a go at using a little tooth paste on a rag and lots of elbow grease.
Now this is a guess, since I can't see how bad or what caused the stains.
later,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
The Real Tom wrote:

Ron

robust is not indestructable

Good point. Just figured if it was a persistant stain, the protective coating is damaged or gone. That's why only through observation and testing cleaning techniques can you accurately hit this problem. Pluse remember to fix the source of the rust too.
later,
tom