Oil leak on the A/C compressor

I have a Ford Focus SW 1.6 Zetec from 2000. I have a several leak on my a/c air compressor. When I park the car on the garage I can see yellow oil on the floor. I clean the compressor
but next day it was again with some oil around. I went to the dealer and it told me that I have to replace the compressor. Does anyone know if the compressor can be repaired? A new one costs about 700 Euros. The A/C is still working but I don't know how long. Can I make more damages if the compressor runs out of oil?
Joo
I have a Ford Focus SW 1.6 Zetec from 2000. I have a several leak on my a/c air compressor. When I park the car on the garage I can see yellow oil on the floor. I clean the compressor but next day it was again with some oil around. I went to the dealer and it told me that I have to replace the compressor. Does anyone know if the compressor can be repaired? A new one costs about 700 Euros. The A/C is still working but I don't know how long. Can I make more damages if the compressor runs out of oil?
Joo
If its leaking yellow compressor oil, its invaribly leaking R134a also. Your a/c will surely become less cool, and then stop altogether as the low pressure safety switch opens.
Service / exchange / replacement compressors (i.e. not from a Ford dealer) are available, and the system will then need proper evacuation, and recharging afterwards.
Tim..
Thanks for you reply. I will try to find a replacement before A/C stops. The temperature here is about 27C and I need it.
Joo
Now the temperature is 37C
I whet to a shop they remove the R134a. We open the compressor and put a new oring. We close it but it didn't spin. Open again the spheres roll everywhere. We look inside and found that the gasket with a helix form on the top of the rib. I think that's made of silica or something like that and was completely damage and broken in several parts. We where only capable of save on of the gaskets. We clean everything and close the compressor only with that gasket. It is working fine with no noise and very cool. I really don't know for how long.
Joo