Re: Too high fuel consumption for my ford focus 1.6

Dr. Klaus Schwab wrote:

No idea what all this kilometers & litres is :) I get about 42 mpg outta my 1.4 motorway driving. about 37mpg round the town

My 2001/2 Ford Focus 1.6 automatic is returning 31.5 m.p.g. (UK) overall. Rubbish around the Cornish lanes and towns but OK on a decent run.
--
M C C

My 1.6 focus (manual) is giving me less than 30 miles per (UK) gallon but my average speed for my 14 miles each way journey to and from work is only about 20 to 25 miles per hour. Road calming in Southend-on-Sea brings the traffic to a standstill when anyone actually uses the main roads during the day - but it has reduced the midnight boy racer problem. I see one speed camera every few miles on every major road and speed humps on every minor road if a local politician or policeman lives there :(
The local council wonder why there as so many accidents on the rat runs _they_ have created.
--
Alan