Replacing fan switch on a 2000 focus (USA)

When I'm sitting the temp starts climbing so I figure I need to replace the fan relay (or my fans have died, but the relay is just $15 so it's cheap if
it can be accessed easy).
Anyone know where it might be?
--
John Nelson
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 04:37:19 +0000, Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

This information is for the European Focus; there are some differences, but I hope it might help. It also assumes you have aircon; if not, there will only be one relay numbered R16.
There are two relays for the fans. They are both in the engine bay fuse/ relay box on the bulkhead. (Firewall?) They are numbered R15, coloured black, and R16, coloured green.
If you have aircon, switching it on with the ignition on should start the fans regardless of engine temperature. The other thing you could try is unplugging the relays and shorting across the big socket holes. with the short in place, and the ignition on, the fans should run. *Don't do this if you don't feel confident that you have the correct pins!* They will be numbered 3 and 5 on the relay.
If the fans don't run with the aircon on, check on the same fuse/relay box for a blown fuse. They are all 30A ones, and are numbered F6, F29 and F65.
HTH
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Owners manuals (US) can be found at <http://www.focusplanet.com/#Focus Owners Manual> They list the fuse and relay positions. Usually two fuse/relay boards in a Focus. One inside the car (in the UK behind the glove box) but maybe on a US model in the drivers footwell The other will be in a box in the engine compartment.
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk