Trunk won't open

Ok, so here's the story. Went to open the trunk using the remote this evening. Sounded like it did. Nope. Tried the release on the dash. Nope. Tried to use the key. Nadda.
Now, I have the door open idiot light on the dash glowing.
How do I open the trunk?
Seats fold down in the rear. Thing is, the release is IN THE TRUNK.
Fuse is good, otherwise I wouldn't be able to hear the release sounding.
Is there a way to open the trunk"
Car is a 2000 ZTS
--
Andrew D. Sisson

I know sometimes on my 2000 US Focus ZTS if the trunk isn't "fully" locked the key won't to open it. Try to make sure it's fully locked by pressing hard on it from the top then use your key.
--Mike

When the S/O gets home tonight, I'll try again.
If that doesn't work, any other suggestions?
--
Andrew D. Sisson (home with young son who has a high temp and cold) :^(

Burn it! The 2000 models always seem to have some type of problems. My trunk was having problems and my husband and brother had to realign the latch by pulling back up. Its the piece that's on the inside of the trunk. A star wrench was used to loosen the bolts and the latch was pulled up.

I need to get in to it first
--
Andrew D. Sisson

I have the 2003 SE...Taken it in 3 times to have the truck re-aligned...after a week ...same thing...jams up... I agree with Sheila....
BURN IT!!!!

[also e-mailed]
In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Trunk won't open" thread, Andy wrote:

You don't. Seriously, this happened to me after a whopping 500 miles. I took it to the dealer, who worked with it several hours. Eventually, they called and said they got the trunk open, but because the latch was defective, they no longer could get it *closed*. A new one was installed -- they had to keep it overnight because the part wasn't immediately available -- and the trunk has worked fine ever since, knock on wood.
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide

SO was mine, except I had problems with it after the first week. It didn't want to fully close and took some jiggling to get it to open. I took it back and had the lock replaced under warranty.