24 valve, 3 litre, DOHC, in Escape, Tribute, Mazda 6, Taurus, Sable

According to Hollander, the only ones that use the same engine are Taurus, and Sable. Although Escape and Tribute are essentially the same vehicle, Hollander says the engines are not interchangeable. Mazda is controlled by Ford, and I'm told that the Mazda 6 is made in the USA, but it has *another* totally different engine. Does anyone know if all this is true?

Gary in IN

Reply to
Gary Collins

I have that engine in my sable and have had great luck.

Reply to
Wayne