Mazda 6 Jack

Hi all

New owner of Mazda 6 here. The jack for wheel changing is hidden in a pocket down the side of the boot. When I try to remove it, it seems to be locked in place somehow! Is it clamped in a housing or should it simply lift out?- can't see how to remove it!

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

"TheScullster" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk:

If it's like my 626 you have to turn the lead screw on the jack to compress the jack. The jack is wedged into the bracket by expanding the jack when it is stored. Had me going for a while there too.

Reply to
Gordon reeder

Thanks Gordon. Yes that was my feeling when I tried to remove it before. Just been out and looked further! The jack is laid on its side and through the "head" there is a brass bolt type thing which secures it in place - bit like the spare wheel locking arrangement. Not surprising it wouldn't move when I yanked it. Must have been dark last time I looked!!!!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster