Cruise control recall

How do I get the cruise control recall wire harness with out letting the dealer touch my truck? I have a 1998 F-15 affected by the recall. I unplugged the wire harness from the master cylinder switch about 6 months ago while they were waiting on parts. I called Ford Motor and two dealers today and they won't send me the recall harness and said they must do the work. The problem is I do all my own work. It's my truck and I do all the repairs as I don't care of others working on it. So how do I get the cruise control harness?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Lighten up and take the truck in. The service guy will come out, unplug the connector from the master cylinder and plug in a 1' extension inline. It takes 2 minutes for the guy to walk out to your truck and another 2 minutes to plug the fix in and ty-wrap it in. You can watch him for both minutes of the procedure.

Stephen N.

Reply to
Stephen N.

Just go to the Ford dealer parts department........ The switch cost me $10.00 at the dealers... Very easy to install.....

R> How do I get the cruise control recall wire harness with out letting the

Reply to
GatorMon

Oh yeah, it's really easy but do you think paying $10.00 to do it yourself is a good deal compared to having them do it for free?

Why not buy a burger and a beer with the money?

Stephen N. ---> or two beers...

Reply to
Stephen N.

Ford wants to make damn sure the recall is completed on your vehicle for liability reasons. They pay authorized reps to do the work for that reason. It is not a complex or time consuming job. You will stand in line to get it written up than it will take them to do the job. It is a very minor harness modification that any idiot can do. Relax and watch while they do it.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Here's another thing to think about, you do it, and it goes up in flames anyways for what ever reason, and your out in the cold.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Tom, Let Ford do the repairs, as one of the guys said below, they dont let you do it for liability reasons. There have been several hundred trucks go up in smoke over this issue, and you dont want to have to pay if you do the repairs yourself, right? So go in, let them put this little piece in, and put your mind at ease.

Phil

Reply to
pkurtz2