Bronco

I bought a bronco used and i have taken it to a ford dealer ship for them to check it out like five times because whenever i start it it slowly starts to go below one on the rpm thing and then makes a weird noisee, but they keep saying nothing is wrong and then find little problems here and there, what could it be? it is a 1988 bronco

Reply to
Tina

You haven't told us much. Is it a Bronco, or a Bronco II? What engine? If it's a Bronco, I'm going to guess you have a 302 (5.0L) V8.

I don't think you have much of a problem. 1k rpm is not high. The noise I'll bet is a rattling noise. What's likely happening is just the normal cold start of the Bronco, with a little valve train noise when the throttle is reduced.

Can you tell us what engine, how many miles, what brand/weight of oil, what brand of oil filter?

Thanks,

CJB

Reply to
CJB