Do you know what size the exhaust manifold bolt is for a 1990 F-250 460 ci?

It's the rear bolt (not a stud) on the right side. I was told that it's 3/8"x 3" long, but I don't know the thread size. The sucker is busted off in there,so I'm going to try to EZ-Out it. Any tips on doing that would help to.

Reply to
Anthony

Good luck with the EZ-out method.

I ended up using a hardened carbide bit in my dremel to chew through the broken EZ-outs, drill bits and bolts. I carefully cleaned out all the crap, chased the threads, and installed new bolts with generous amounts of anti-seize...

Not a simple task, I kept thinking I would trash the hole...

I used bits like these found locally, buy a few they are VERY brittle.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ

I agree, skip the ez-out. Got a welder? Weld a washer to it, then a nut to the washer. ratchet from there.

Reply to
Dave Lee

Wow- I only thought I was bummed out. This sounds like a really hard project, but considering the cost of removing the head I'm going to take your advice and forget the EZ-Out. I'll let you know how it went.

Reply to
Anthony