1990 f-250 deisel?

The switched wire that powers the glow plug relay acts like it is dead to ground when the ignition is off. When I switch the ignition to on the ohm meter says its not grounded, but the relay gets real hot and starts clicking on and off repeatedly. The wire that runs from the selenoid to the starter also ohms to ground. I have replaced the glow plugs and the glow plug relay and still no luck. Can any one can tell me what might be causing this?

Reply to
Chris