Factory Stereo Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2001

I've got the factory stereo with the cassette slot and the 6 CD changer in back.

The volume knob has trouble controlling the volume when the dash is cold. When I turn the knob the volume goes up instead of down. Once the dash is warm from the heater or a warm day, the knob works pretty well, but still can't be turned up or down real fast or the volume just goes up.

Any ideas?

I don't want to replace the stereo with after market products (I really prefer the factory models), and certainly can't afford a factory replacement (I think it's like $700).

Reply to
Bryan