2001 Ford F-150 won't start

For the first time since I bought the truck new, it won't start. It is a 6 cylinder 2001 F-150 with manual transmission.

When I turn the key over, an assistant listening near the fuel filler cap can't hear the fuel pump turn on. I've checked the fuel relay at the fuse panel. Power is reaching it.

(I am also replacing the master clutch cylinder and slave cylinder today.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Howard

Check for power in the wire as close as possible to the pump when you cycle the key. You cant just turn it on, it will shut off if its not cranking. When you turn the key on it will stay on for about 2 seconds.... so...... you need a helper. If you have power and no pump, you need a pump.

Reply to
ScottM