How many zerks on `04 ranger?

Have decided to do my own routine maintenance on my `04 ranger, 4.0 liter

4WD Automatic. I was under there yesterday draining the oil and I cannot see any zerks on the front suspension. Is the u-joints all I have to worry about??? Or did they hide them to try and keep these things in the shops.
Reply to
LMNOP

I'm surprised that they still have them on the drive shaft any more. (This is about all you're going to see. Atlas has the world spinning on sealed bearings now.)

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

If there are any zerks on the drive shaft, it'll be a first for OEM.

There's probably none anywhere.

Steve Barker

Well, 25 years ago that was about the only place you could find zerks - on the joints of the drive shaft...

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Well i've been working on cars professionally for over 25 years and I've NEVER seen a zerk on an original equipment u-joint.

Steve Barker

Well maybe I am behind the times, I have always driven used vehicles, usually several years old. But for the most part have had them serviced at fast lube joints, but have sworn off of them with the purchase of this new truck. They have always told me how many lube points they have attended to, and is usually 6-11 points that I assumed had zerks. A zerk is the nipple that you put the lube gun on right? I guess that my maintenance is going to be easier than I thought it would be. I wish it were that way for the big rigs, I just lubed a dump truck that I drive and had 37 zerks that need to be done on a weekly/monthly basis.

Reply to
lmnop