04 Altima Sometimes Hard To Start

I have a 2004 Altima. After turning the engine off for 15-20 minutes the car is hard to re-start. It will take about 10-15 seconds of cranking the starter for it to fire up. I know it doesn't sound like a long time, but when you're on the other end of the key you start to worry. It never took that long to start when it was brand new. All the dealer will do is show me a list of tips for cold starting. I live in a warm area, and when this happens, the engine is still fairly warm. The Nissan dealer just wants me off thier back. If anyone has any tips or has experienced the same thing, please let me know

Reply to
Bryan739

Hi Bryan

Don't quite understand how the dealer could say that it is perfectly ok for a car needing to be cranked for that long, especially if the car has already been running 15 minutes before that. In other words, the car is not hard to start when you first start it in the morning? If so, how do they explain that?

I'd bring it to another dealer, don't mention anything the first dealer mentioned and have them tell you what the problem is -- a 2004 should still be under warrenty, regardless of where you bring it. My 2000 starts up regardless of the weather (CT).

I had a similar problem with my Altima at some point and it seemed that the Mobile Gas speedpay key fob on my key ring was interfering with the ID chip inside the key. It was intermittent: my car was just hard to start and keep running -- after separating the speedpay fob everything has worked fine for me. Just mentioning that, in case you have one of those.

Regards, Remco

Reply to
Remco