Grease Zerks on 1999 Miata

How many grease zerks (grease fittings) -- if any -- are there on a 1999 Miata? I purchased a used Miata, and am going to change the oil for the first time.

Thank you for any help you can pass my way.

Regards,

Randy Seys Mankato, MN

Reply to
Randy Seys

Just of the top of my head, none. Mazda doesn't even provide them on the universal joints in the driveshaft, and just to make it better they want you to buy a complete new drive shaft if any of the universal joints you can't grease wears out.

Reply to
Natman

Sad to say that's getting universal. We used to rebuild the joints in front wheel drive axles but stopped when we found local suppliers who could sell us rebuilt assemblies cheaper than having our guys rebuild them. The cost to the customer was almost the same but the swap was faster than if we did the rebuild and the shop that supplied us with the rebuilds warrantied their work so if there was a problem (there never was) all we had to eat was the labor for the swap,

I suspect it's cheaper overall except for the do-it-yourself people.

Reply to
XS11E