How to run fuel pump on a E350? ? ?

I think my fuel pump is dead. Where do I jumper to make it run with key off? Someone said the Inertis switch. But that is just an off/on switch in case of front in collision, The Inertis switch is ok. I assume there is a relay somewhere. But where?

1994 Ford E350 460 Van chassis. It's a Motor Home
Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Fuel Pump Relay :-).

Correct.

On the (1999? 2000?) Pontiac Sunfire in the lab at school the fuel pump relay is in a relay box on top of the driver-side wheel well.

I think on my 1990 BroncoII the relay box is underneath a fusebox on top of the passenger wheel well.

I actually don't know where it is on my (1993) F-150 without taking a look.

When you find the relay, first jump the secondary circuit -- the one connected to the pump. That will rule out the relay being bad. If that works, then connect the computer side of the primary circuit to ground. When you do that, the connection in the relay will close and the secondary circuit will be closed and provide power to the fuel pump. (unless, of course, the inertia switch tripped :-))

If you have a voltmeter, you should check the voltage drop across the contacts for the secondary circuit. If you have no voltage drop there, then there is some wiring problem in that circuit that needs to be fixed first.

I don't have one of these, so I don't know the details of this vehicle.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

I guess no one knows. :(

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Missed your original post. You can easily check to see if the pump runs by turning on the key. The pump should run for about a second, then shut off. On my truck you can hear it IF you can stop all the stupid "reminder" chimes. Or if I get under the truck and have someone else turn on then key.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Well, for $100 I could find out for you :

With Usenet, sometimes someone happens to have the same vehicle or happens to work in a shop and is familiar with your vehicle but other times you're too unique.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson