Wiring harness resting on valve cover. 2004 F150 4.6L

I just purchased a new 2004 Ford F150 Supercab, XTS, 4.6L pickup. A quick look under the hood and I noticed a main wiring harness to the computer was laying on the back corner of the valve cover. I expressed my concern to the dealership and they talked to their shop guys who said it's fine, "only the manifold gets hot enough to do any damage to the cables". The wiring harness has a connection tab strapped to it and there is a stud on the firewall just sitting there doing nothing. If you pushed the harness back a little it looks like it could easily fit onto that stud. I pointed this out to the dealer and they still insist it's fine where it is. I'm sure the protective covering on the harness will last the 3 years /

36,00 miles warranty but I'm hoping to get a longer life span than that before having electrical problems. If you have a 2004 Ford F150 4.6L engine please take a look at this cable harness and tell me if yours is connected to the firewall or resting on the valve cover... I appreciate your response.

Thanks, Rick

Cable details: The computer is located on the right side of the vehicle on the firewall with three large wiring harnesses connected to it. The harness I'm referring to is the outside connector, the one closest to the fender.

Reply to
Richard A Keener

Why don't you just go to another Ford Dealer and lift the hood on similar vehicles to yours? That way, you will be able to see first hand if you got a truck that was assembled by someone with a Monday morning hangover.

expressed my

Reply to
FickleFingerOfFate