2004 F150 4.6L Question

Does anyone know if the spark plug blow-out problem in the 4.6's has been addressed in the 2004 engines? Also does anyone have any idea on the reliability of the 4R75 transmission in these trucks? I am in the market for a new truck and have been spoiled by the spotless reliability of my '95 Nissan Hardbody.

Thanks,

Rob Munach

Reply to
Rob Munach

AFAIK the 4.6 don't have the spark blowout problem, only the 5.4s. I also heard (on www.f150online) that in late 2003 the 5.4 heads mere modded to increase the # of threads holding the plugs.

Rob Munach wrote:

-- 'Fritz the Cat' Blackburn VP-94 Techrep NAS New Orleans

Fritz Blackburn

The early 5.4L had problems with sparkplug blowout. I have never heard of that problem with the 4.6L. The problem has been addressed in the 5.4L (1999 or so and up I believe).

The 4R75 is reported to be a very reliable transmission. As with most automatics, I have heard of problems if the transmission is overheated from heavy towing and poor cooling.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry