Transmission Insulation

My '92 Ranger hot inside on highway from heat comming from engine around the gearshift area. Is there an insulation kit or something I can use to stop the heat from getting into the cab??? Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Pete

Check the gearshift boot for holes/cracks. It is 12yrs old and may need to be replaced if you can't seal any separations. Also check the mounting area with the floorpan for loose/missing screws and voids. A gasket sealer may help in that area. I don't know of any insulation kit specifically for the problem, but you could make one with some foil blanket insulation easily enough. That stuff is sold at home improvement centers.

Hope this is of some use.......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Thanks Dave The boot is good, but I will pull the carpet up and check the mounting flange....if no problem, will work on adding a blanket or something along that line. Thanks for the help. Pete

Reply to
Pete