1983 caprice door window

my kid bought a 1983 caprice that the window has jumped the track. it is a manuel window. problem is getting the window crank off to see inside door.
I would think that the center part of the window crank should pop out to reveal a screw or nut to remove crank. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Rod wrote:

There is a U-shaped clip behind the handle. Use a rag to get the clip off.

thanks
my kid bought a 1983 caprice that the window has jumped the track. it is a manuel window. problem is getting the window crank off to see inside door. I would think that the center part of the window crank should pop out to reveal a screw or nut to remove crank. any help would be appreciated. thanks ******************************************** There is a tool available at most any parts store to push the u-shaped clip from behind the window crank, only costs a few bucks

thanks