1992 Pontiac Grand Prix - Check Gauges Warning light problem

I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix with just 40,000 miles. Recently the "Check Gauges" warning light started coming on when the car was started after
sitting a while, then turned off after it was warmed up. However, now it seems to just stay on all of the time.
Note: It has a full set of gauges and all of them appear to be normal!
I have connected an "Auto-Xray XP240 diagnostic scanner to it, but NO trouble codes were found. I think this is a common problem on this vehicle, so I would appreciate hearing some possible causes for this problem.
thanks in advance,
Duane
Duane Van Someren wrote:

I had a '93 Olds Achiva that developed an intermittent "Check Gages" and "Check Oil" flash while driving; it first occurred around 70,000 miles. Similar thing; all the gages showed normal, including oil pressure. For me, it was a problem in the instrument cluster; I did check for bad connections, solder joints, etc., but couldn't find anything. And with the price of the cluster ($500 as I recall), I decided to live with the problem.
Don't have the car anymore, but the current owner does tell me it still gives the intermittent flash from time to time, just to keep her on her toes.
Bob.
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:15:19 -0500, "Bob"

got rid of that stupid car.
-Bret

http://www.w-body.com/service/checkgauges.html
I guess it's fairly common. That link'll show you what to do if you want to fix it.