1993 Buick LaSabre

My LaSabre has been running badly in the cool mornings. If you step on the gas it coughs and sort of back fires. It has new plugs and wires. At high speeds the check engine light comes on and if you try to speed up it
hesitates. I took it to Auto Zone and it came up with a code 44 but I don't think the IDIOT that did it had a cute of what he was doing I plan I taking it back.
The code was O2 sensor and something about Mass Air Detector. I am leaning toward the Mass Air.
What do you of great knowledge think/
Thanks Tim
I can send you some info, send me an e-mail so I have an e-mail address I can send it to you at.
Steve