1993 Buick Park ave. " Coolant low" light on

Does anyone have some ideas of why the "coolant low" light in the dash of my 1993 Park ave stays on even tho the coolant level is not low? It started coming on intermittantly at first and now stays on all the time. Where is the sensor located for this light and how does it work? Thanks for your help. Mac

mac wrote:

Usually a normally open float switch in the overflow tank is stuck.

Try taping around where the sensor is in the overflow tank, sometimes air bubbles trapped around the sensor fool it into thinking the coolant is low. Make sure the bottle is at the right level too.

This is one reason why I'm glad I don't have a low coolant light, oil change light, low tire pressure warning etc..faulty readings.

Good Luck.

Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:53:03 -0400, mac wrote:

Their is a coolant level sensor on the rad below the fill hole about half way down the bottom of the rad, right side of the car. I replaced mine (on a 91 park ave) about 2 years ago all it really needed was to be cleaned, but I had to cut the side clips off the sensor to get it off. $23CDN at the dealer, no local parts store carried it.

HTH, Dan.

-

Dan Brow wrote:

Thanks for the info, I see it on the radiator like you said. Think I will wait a while before replacing it or messing with it. Mac