1999 Monte Carlo Thermostat Replacement

My 1999 Monte Carlo is starting to take much longer to generate heat. It started at the end of last winter. The car ran fine all summer so it slipped my mind including AC working fine. Now that the winter is
coming I would like to replace the thermostat. Can anyone give me an indication on hard replacing this is? Is their a lot that has to be removed to gain access to the thermostat.
Thanks Amy.
3.4 or 3.8? either way autozone.com has good instructions in their auto repair link.