1999 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Thinking about buying a Firebird Formula since I can't figure out what's wrong with the Buick Regal...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.gm/browse_frm/thread/287377ffb907f956/069b8fee6e8736ff?lnk=gst&q=Buick+Regal&rnum #069b8fee6e8736ff
Any pros/cons in purchasing this 5.7L, V8? I've always wanted one but only as a toy. I might need to turn it into an everyday car. Is there anything I should be wary of? Any horror stories? Of course, I plan to have a mechanic look at it before purchasing. Thanks for any comments.
I hope you don't plan on taking the bird to the same wrenches that looked at your Regal.