Service Vehicle Soon Light

2000 Century.

Does anyone know what SVSL monitors? The owner's manual doesn't say.

Thanks.

Reply to
anon

i have a '95 Century, may not have anything to do with it, but, when mine comes on, it has already turned on the fan from sitting still for a while or in slow slow traffic, where the air is not being blown into the air intake thing under the hood, then after mine goes through another "cycle" of turning the fan on and off, doesn't take too long at all, and the light goes off......that is what mine does.

Reply to
funkfreedom

I can't verify all the things it monitors, but on my '01 Pontiac, it does at least monitor the exterior lights. So, as a starting point, look for a bulb out.

Cheers

snipped-for-privacy@idirect.ca wrote:

Reply to
Weird

Sounds more like your "Check Engine" light and that your fan may be delayed in starting.

Cheers

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Weird

It's not the Check Engine Light. The light is not on at the present time and the bulb is good. Just wondering what it monitors that's all.

"The service vehichle so> Sounds more like your "Check Engine" light and that your fan may be

Reply to
anon

My car has the OBD1 system and when my telltale light comes on, it is always an EGR complaint. There is nothing wrong with my EGR system, so I started monitoring the gas brand I am using when the light illuminates. I've found that using gas with Techron (sp?) doesn't cause the light to come on. You might try checking for trouble codes and use that info to track down and intermittent problems.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt