2 cars, 1 remote and 1 key?

hi,

i have both a 97 bonneville and a 04 lasabre. is it possible to program one of their remotes to work on both cars? (i know after market remote starts can be setup this way)

also, is there any way to use only one key for both cars...i dont think so due to the old diode and the new transponder, but i would really like having one one key

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

You're talking about a 1997 and a 2004, so the keyless remote transmitters would definitely not work for both cars, and if my memory serves, the '04 LaSabre has one key, that is used for the ignition and the door locks, where as a 1997 Bonneville has one key for the ignition, and another one for the door locks. Just make some spares, and carry a set of each. I get my spare keys for my '97 Bonneville off E-Bay (you just need to use an ohm meter to get the proper reading), they are usually under $9, they come as a blank, and you just have it cut, and you're ready to go, and it's much cheaper then getting it from a dealer. I carry keys for my '97 Bonneville, and my '82 Trans Am (both have 2 keys, for a total of 4), several people's house keys, a couple spare keys for other family members cars, and several other keys on my key ring. Just take off all those Hawaiian trees, and the big Tribble looking thing most people have :-P

Reply to
80 Knight

i like to minimize the number of keys i have to carry around. now wife and i both cary each other's car keys, i have a house key and thats it, (haven decided what to do with the bon'eville key yet...indeed the bmw bike and wife's toy car have the keys in or near them in the garage.

it is good to know that i can get spares offa ebay.

thanks, peter

Reply to
pm