1" or 2" Lift

I'm getting bored here and have a bunch of time off coming up.

I want to give my sagging Jeep a bit of lift but not something extreme, I plan on getting new leaf springs next spring but in the mean time I was thinking of lifting my body 1 or 2 inches.

Does anyone here have any insight on doing a lift? Will I be happy with a 1" lift.... are the effects noticable?

1" or 2"...what would you guys suggest?
Reply to
Jeepster

Here's how it's done.

I have 1.25" on my TJ. I wouldn't go higher than that for looks (the huge, unsightly gap it creates) or safety (lifting the body away from the frame multiplies forces on the bolts holding them together when you start twisting things up on the trails) not to mention changes in your enter of gravity.

I've found my added 1.25 inches is very noticable and I'm happy with it.

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Hi Jeepster,

Body lift pros and cons:

Pros: Make some things easier to get to and work on (power steering box, gas sender, shift linkage) Clear bigger tires In-expensive

Cons: Unsightly gaps Additional body stress Gear shifts and clutch linkage can require modification.

I have a 2" body lift on mine that was there when I bought the Jeep, so I have no experience with installation. The only problem I would foresee is original bolts being seized up. I have considered reducing mine to 1" or even back to stock because I don't need any additional lift with my SOA.

Reply to
JimG

The first thing you have to think about is "why do I want to lift it?". The second thing is "what kind of lift will achieve my needs?".

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
Jeepster