2000 Buick Regal electrical problems

1. I have a 2000 Buick Regal LS and the drivers side window (front left) will not go down. Each of the other three windows go up and down just fine.
2. Same Car. When I attempt to use the high beam signal, it does not "click" and stay in the on position. The high beams do comes on but does not stay on, unless I hold the stalk back.
3. Same Car. The heat/defrost blower only works in the "high" position.
4. What do I need to do to fix these issues and can I do any of them my self. I can do basic work (oil change CV Joints, Brakes, etc...
5. What costs should I expect to pay for parts and services.
Please advise.
Thank You.

will
Most likely you'll need to replace the motor. Remove the door panel and you'll have terrible, but servicable access to the motor. You'll need to drill out the rivets that hold the motor in. Use screws and nuts or rivets to install the new motor. Make sure you use lock washers and loctite or locknuts when you put the new motor in. Dealer price on a new motor is around $40 if my memory serves me correctly. Don't trust that though - check youself. Likely you can get one out of a junk yard also. The same motor will be used throughout many years and many car models.

"click"
on,
Sounds like the plastic piece under the steering wheel is broken. You'll need a steering wheel puller and the plate puller. They cost around $20 in the aftermarket however some stores like Auto Zone may have them to rent. No idea on the parts cost. Will likely be a dealer only item or junkyard.

Burnt out resister module located right next to the blower motor. Just bought one two days ago at my local Chevy dealer - $20 with tax. Lay on your back under the passenger side dash - remove the trim panels, you'll see the resistor module sticking out of the heat duct near the blower motor. Two screws hold it in. One can be a son of a gun to get out on some cars. One is all that is needed to put back in.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yes - unplug the yellow plug under the steering column. Best to go buy a Haynes shop manual in your local parts store. It will walk you through these things better than trying to get step by step instructions over usenet.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

will
What Mike said, but first I'd check for power in and out of the switch and at the motor connection.
Dave
Hairy wrote:

For sure. Sometimes those switches get rained on and can wear out prematurely.
Does the car have 'one touch down' feature?
--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert

I had that feature in an earlier Buick. POS burned out regularly, BUT the module always failed in such a manner that the manual down continued to work.
The module was pretty expensive, and it was always the SCR that blew in my case.

Try pushing the stalk "forward" to make the high beams stay on. Pulling it towards you is for flashing the high beams temporarily.

stay
it
I don't think the Regal works that way. I had a '98 and it was not a push/pull - not sure about the 2000.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
According to the service manual this machine's high beams are activated by pulling the stalk toward the driver until it clicks.

I stand corrected.