I took my Impala that has had frequent electrical problems to a shop.
They told me that a $1000 wiring harness and many of the wires have
melted down due to battery acid leaking on it. They did a patch job to
get my fiancee home and it ran like a charm until it was in the driveway.
Here's the problem: I don't know where the thing is!
It's not either of the two plastic ones that are in plain sight between
the engine and battery. I rewired the one of those under the battery in
plain sight already, since it had some skinned-up wires for some reason
and someone had already rewired three of them. This harness I'm looking
for was not made obvious when I looked under the fender, either. I
can't seem to find it.
Anyone know where it is and what it looks like? It's apparently
responsible for all the codes my car is throwing and its refusal to start.
Any help is appreciated very greatly. I'm not exactly a seasoned
mechanic and I'm getting sick of this.