2001 Montana: Van heater takes too long

My 2001 Montana Ext. Van seems to take too long to warm up (20min) at 0 deg. F. It has rear heat so obviosly that is lots of anti-freeze to heat up. What is other experiences with the heating system?
Shouldn't need a termostat yet at 85,000km . What's normal? Not too happy with this van. Rear air shocks had to be replaced. Rear heat/air overhead control acts up. Lots of rattles. Anybody got any comments? Bob

theres alot of air in a van to have to warm up.

I would certainly check the thermostat. Perhaps it failed prematurely.
John
I've never OWNED a van, but use to drive one for work. Big Ford Extended. It took a long time too, and I contribute that to what another poster mentioned. It's just a lot of air to heat up.
Tony
,I've just changed on warranty the thermostat( 2002 van) was taking forever and the gauge was never showing above 1/4. Now what a difference,go for it its only that probably, that looks to be a pain in the neck to do, maybe still warranty ??

We own a 2002 Olds Silhouette, which is basically the same as the Montana. It's heater is fast and effective, even when we had it in the Colorado mountains a few months ago.
If the original poster's engine temperature gauge is taking a long time to get up to the normal range then there is almost surely a dead thermostat. They can sometimes have a pretty short life.
John
Do you have engine temperature gauge? What is the reading? Have you check engine coolant level (over flow tank)? Paul