2001 Montana: Van heater takes too long

My 2001 Montana Ext. Van seems to take too long to warm up (20min) at

0 deg. F. It has rear heat so obviosly that is lots of anti-freeze to heat up. What is other experiences with the heating system? Shouldn't need a termostat yet at 85,000km . What's normal? Not too happy with this van. Rear air shocks had to be replaced. Rear heat/air overhead control acts up. Lots of rattles. Anybody got any comments? Bob
Reply to
Bowmanville

theres alot of air in a van to have to warm up.

Reply to
Paradox

I would certainly check the thermostat. Perhaps it failed prematurely.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I've never OWNED a van, but use to drive one for work. Big Ford Extended. It took a long time too, and I contribute that to what another poster mentioned. It's just a lot of air to heat up.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Reply to
Rick

Do you have engine temperature gauge? What is the reading? Have you check engine coolant level (over flow tank)? Paul

Reply to
none

We own a 2002 Olds Silhouette, which is basically the same as the Montana. It's heater is fast and effective, even when we had it in the Colorado mountains a few months ago.

If the original poster's engine temperature gauge is taking a long time to get up to the normal range then there is almost surely a dead thermostat. They can sometimes have a pretty short life.

John

Reply to
John Horner