2001 Venture OBD II Code

Have a genaric code P0135.... checked reference voltage (good 4.95v) on the coolant temp sensor, the resistance seems to be inconsistant with data, should I replace the coolant temp sensor. The OBD II says the problem lays
on "bank 1 sensor 1" this is what is confusing me.. what should I be looking for?
The information for your machine suggests that you have a heated oxygen sensor heater current problem.

Re: 2001 Venture OBD II Code Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 5:38pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (SilverSurfer) The information for your machine suggests that you have a heated oxygen sensor heater current problem.
Have a genaric code P0135.... checked reference voltage (good 4.95v) on the coolant temp sensor, the resistance seems to be inconsistant with data, should I replace the coolant temp sensor. The OBD II says the problem lays on "bank 1 sensor 1" this is what is confusing me.. what should I be looking for?
Unless your scanner can turn the heater off and on on your O2 sensor...The best thing to do is just replace it...This heater thung is a common problem on models about 3 to 4 years old....Bank1 sensor 1 is the left cat sensor before the cat.. S Cook