2001malibu car problems shuts off when driving at 50 mph

2001 malibu chevy shuts off when driving 50mph

Change the fuel pump.
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:17:59 +0000, brenda

The fuel pump is in the gas tank. It has a little screen to keep dirt out. The screen partially blocks with floaties causeing a stall, anywhere. This is the most common cause to dead shutdowns.
Does it restart after sitting for a few hours?? We had several stalls and tows before it finally quit altogether. One owner takes the pump out and cleans the screen every one or two years to prevent this from happing.
I'd say , remove and clean out the gas tank and install a new fuel pump assembly. Make sure you get gas at reputable vendors who keep their pumps serviced.