2005 Buick LaCrosse Now In

I never understood why people hang their arms out the window anyway. Maybe its from growing up in the country, if you hand an arm out there a branch or briar will reach out and grab it :)

Reply to
Eugene

Saw 2, 2005 Buick LaCrosse's today.

The CXL has a 3800 V6. Base Price is $25,335 Destination is $660. Onstar & Leather interior are standard. This one topped out at $29,830

The CXS comes with the 3.6 V6. Base price is $28,335. This one was loaded up for a whopping $33,850

Some option prices were:

Sunroof $900. ABS ( which is Optional ) $600. Heated Seats $295. Head Airbags $325. Chrome Pkg $295. Chrome Wheels $650. Gold Convienance Pkg $1150. Remote Starter $150.

6 Disc CD Changer & Concert III, 9 speaker Stereo $695.

You won't mistake the back end for anything but a Buick - there is a 5 inch diameter Buick 3 shield crest on the trunklid. Plus Buick & LaCrosse scripts. No names or emblems on the side of the body

Interior, seats & console looked nice. Finally seeing higher mounted center armrests some of the newer cars. This one looked like it was

10-12 inches higher than the seat cushion

I also stopped at that " F " Dealer, you know the one......Ford. No 05 Stangs yet.

Stopped there mainly to look at the new Five Hundred ( sedan ) which is the replacement for the Taurus . The main reason I stopped the Chicago Tribune had a big article in the pape today on it and boast's it has a bigger trunk than a Park Avenue. Ford got three in on the 6th & I didn't get a chance to see them as I went to PA last weekend.

Very big car on the inside, reminds me of the room in the new 300's. Sweeping console flows nicely into the dash, just like the LaCrosse, it has a high center armrest, plus really wide " rest your elbow on doorsills". Big comfy looking leather bucket seats. The cloth ones in a lower priced 500 looked flatter.

Uh Oh, I said 500 ! Some Ford rep said in an article last week " Its NOT

500 ! its Five Hundred."

LOL.

Not knowing too much about Fords I think it has the same 200hp 3.0 litre V6 as the Taurus, but I could be wrong.

Stopped by Mercury to eye the clone called Montego. Some Old Men were there looking at the three they had out on the lot. I walked over by one of the cars and called out,

HF. Hows it look Pop? Pop, Ok Sonny Boy, Ok.

I happen to spot the 05 Marquis which has gone back to the RR quarter panel mount radio antenna. The 04 & older were in the back window.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~294,824 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Thanks HF. If you get to look at the 05 Mustang when it comes in, would you do a critique on it? Mainly, will it have padded arm rests and can I hang my arm out the window. Paul.

Reply to
« Paul »

Paul,

Will do...

If you open the window on the Stang, I'm sure you can hang your arm out. Watch those guys running down the double yellow though.

LOL.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~294,955 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Yeah. You are probably right. I grew up in the country. Open your window in the city and you will probably get car-jacked.

Reply to
« Paul »

Wait I thought they were only gonna make these in Canada?

Reply to
Paradox

I haven't seen anything other than a picture yet, but I like its looks. What I can't understand is why Buick decided not to offer the Heads-up Display in the LaCrosse.

Reply to
nospam

Heads Up Display could be an option added mid year or in 2006, 2007.... depends on the people and if they ask for it.

I for one would scream for a cloth interior option. I don't want leather as the only choice, I also hate the two color choice currently offered in most models.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~294,988 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face