Engine Transplant

Hi All..

A friend of mine has an 01 Granp Prix GT & wants to drop in the GTP engine. What MOD's will he need to achieve?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Black Bomb

Not too sure on this, but I would say the computer and wiring harness. Plus possible a dash change if there are extra gauges (like a boost gauge) or other idiot lights.

OR, don't they make aftermarket superchargers for the motor that is already in it???

Reply to
Eightupman

I told him to look into Paxton superchargers, but he insists on changing the whole engine...

Dan

Reply to
Black Bomb

Seems like a waste to me...BUT you gotta love guuys who like to throw money at thier cars. There are a couple guys here that are really knowledgable about the new OBD computer systems. You could ping the alt.trucks.chevy group and get the gearheads over there a shot too.

I would go with the aftermarket Paxton and be done with it!

Reply to
Eightupman

Why hop up a Grand Prix (I don't care for the '97 to '03 GP styling)? If I were him, I'd sell the GP and buy a low mileage cream puff '81 to '87 Buick Regal grandmother car and put a Garrett turbo in it, a new chip, and some nice rims (make it a Grand National clone), or drop in a small block Chevy with some hop-up mods in it. More smiles per mile plus it'd hold its value longer. The '81 to '87 Regal is one of the best styled cars in GM history in my opinion (better than the Monte Carlo, Olds Cutlass Supreme) and has a lot of hop-up potential.

Reply to
Justin