2005 Grand Am

Here in Victoria BC a dealer is advertising new 2005 Grand Ams with air, full power, etc for $14,995. Seems like a very good price and I have been thinking about trading my 01 Sunfire in. Any opinion on the 05
Grand Am? I am mainly attracted to the price. TIA.
--

Cheers!

Jan

I thought the GA was replaced by the G6 in 05...

When I looked two years ago the lowest price I found was about $17,990 for any Grand Am. The down side is they will probably give you a couple thousand on your car if you trade it in.
Mike Levy wrote:

The Grand Am was phased out in '05, but not discontinued till '06. I think many went into rental fleets.
John

My sister has an '04 Grand Am GT with the 3400 engine and well over 50,000 KM's on it already, and it seems to be a good car. She has had the drivers side window replaced once and had a blown speaker in the Monsoon system replaced, but that is about it. She also has taken it from Ontario to Alberta and back with no troubles. They are nice little cars. Quite peppy with the 3400 too. Kind of small for myself (I have a Bonneville) but they are bigger then a Sunfire. As for the asking price at your dealership, IMHO its not bad at all. Depending on if you like the colors and options, it sounds like a good deal to me.
snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com says...

they have - hope the ad isn't just a ringer to get me onto the lot.
--

Cheers!

Jan