78 2dr Impala

Hi, I came across a 1978 Impala 2dr for sale and was told this car is very rare. Is this true? Also,due to the shape of the rear window the seller said that alone is worth bucks.Any truth to this?

Thanks, JIM

Reply to
jim

That is what I have heard. The window alone can cost some big bucks to replace.

Reply to
Adam

simple answer YES to both questions. Last I checked the "spare" window I have is worth close to $1000. I have a rear window, dash, engine and tranny I just need the rest of the vehicle ..lol

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Jim,

The Impala / Caprice used that wrap around back window from 77 to 79.

Production totals for 78 are...

Impala Coupe 33,990 Impala Landau Coupe 4652

Caprice Coupe 37,301 Caprice Landau Coupe 22,771

Here in Chicago we saw tons of these cars when they were new.

The 1986 - 87 Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe's used a rear window simialar if not the same to the 77-79 Impala / Caprice. Only 200 Aero Copes were made in 86, 6,052 were made in 87. Pontiac Grand Prix's also featured that rear window around the same year period as the Monte Carlo.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

According to the seller only 1,200 coupes were made.But now I know otherwise. Thanks for the numbers Harry.

JIM

Reply to
jim