88 Astro van, rear door handle.

I changed the outside door handle on the rear door. The original striker plate was worn almost completely through and through. That was a great fix. The secondary door on the rear of the van is still a problem. You have to push/pull to open it. The handle is up midway the door, but the release catch is down at the sill. Nothing appears to be worn at the hook, sill area. Any adjustments? Thanks. Perry

Reply to
Perry Templeton

Check the hinge for sag. Sagging barn doors are hard to open. If they are sagging I have a trick to adjust them. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
Perry Templeton