88 Astro van, rear door handle.

I changed the outside door handle on the rear door. The original striker plate was worn almost completely through and through. That was a great fix.
The secondary door on the rear of the van is still a problem. You have to push/pull to open it. The handle is up midway the door, but the release catch is down at the sill. Nothing appears to be worn at the hook, sill area. Any adjustments? Thanks. Perry

Check the hinge for sag. Sagging barn doors are hard to open. If they are sagging I have a trick to adjust them. Charles
Thanks, Charles. I bit the bullet and went into the door compartment and it was the same phenomena as the outer rear door handle. The striker is almost useless, being ground down to a nothing nub. I'll get a replacement. Easy enough to change. Perry