89 Buick LaSabre

I just inherited my mothers 89 LaSabre. I had it repainted and it looks great. It has 52,000 miles on it. I want to sell it, but I'm not sure how much I should ask. The inside is perfect and everything works except for the cruise-control. Not sure why. Any ideas?

I thought about asking 4950. Is that a fair price for a completely restored Buick LaSabre custom?

Reply to
stratos

I always say, a vehicle in your market is only worth what you can sell it for in 60-90 days. How much did you pay for the paint job? Do you live in the rust belt? Did she ever have the trans fluid changed?

Reply to
Scott

"stratos" wrote>

It might be worth that if it really was "completely restored". If it's just in "excellent" condition, KBB says it's worth about $1200.00 H

Reply to
Hairy

How much was the paint job?

If you put on a $250 paint job I wouldn't call that a completely restored car. Was the car completely stripped of the trim, sanded down to bare metal, primed & painted or just given a spray job over all the old wax & dirt that wasn't even properly washed off?

A Completely restored car means much more than repainting a car, it usually has a new engine, trans, interior, suspension, paint, etc....

Check the local paper to see what other 89's are going for.

Also check

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,522 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I paid for a excellent paint job, $1500.00. And yes I did have all of the fuilds checked.

Reply to
stratos

If I cannot get at least 3500.00 II'll just keep it.

Reply to
stratos

An 89 anything is not a classic. Try subtracting 20 years, that's a classic.

Maybe you can garage it for another 2 decades and it will be worth something. Otherwise, drive it and enjoy it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt