90 Grand Am - backfire after installing new plugs

I just installed new AC plugs in my '90 2.5L Grand Am and now during acceleration it hesitates and then backfires. I am 100% positive I did not cross any wires and the plugs are properly gapped. I did not torque in the
plugs. Is this necessary, and if so, what should they be torqued in at?
Thanks. Tony
Add pictures here
✖

what condition are the plug wires? usually they break down inside and thus cause a misfire, etc...

Add pictures here
✖
You installed _new_ plug wires, right? If not, then that's the problem; a misfire-crossfire event. GW
TS wrote:

Add pictures here
✖