94 Chev Lumina Sdn, Water in Spare Tire Compartment

Hi,

I recently bought a 94 Chev Lumina 4 door sedan from a Chev dealer. The body was in great shape (no rust anywhere), runs great, etc. I removed the spare "doughnut" tire so I could see the condition of the jack, etc. I was surprised to see a puddle of water where the jack is stored. Note: Spare tire, jack etc. is stored beneath the floor of the trunk. I can't figure out how water got in since there is no hole/s in the rubber molding for the trunk lid, and nothing that would block water flow around the trunk lid.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

That trunk seal must be bad or the trunk misaligned. It could even be coming from the window. You could look from the inside with a flashlight and have a TRUSTED friend squirt the outside. If nothing else, I would drill a couple holes in the floor to let the water run out. I have done that and nothing else before.

Reply to
Al Bundy