96 gmc jimmy

I need to find out why my jimmy is dying when I come to a stop,and sometimes when I take off?

OK, I'm not a geru, but more details: 96 model year What engine? 2wd? 4wd? Auto? Stick shift? Does it do this more within 5-10 minutes of starting?
Do the symptoms change once the vehcile has been driven for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, etc?
Coolant level, oil level, trans fluid (if auto) all OK?
Gauges reading normally?
What services were performed recently?
Last time fuel filter, air filter, changed?
Ditto plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor?

Well the engine is a 4.3,2wd,auto. It happens after 45min to 1hr of driving. All of the fluid levels are ok. Gauges ok. The fuel filter is in the tank so it has not been changed. Air filter,plugs,wires have been changed. Distributor cap & rotor have not When it dies and I try to start it up it feels like its loping or the timings off but if I let set for a minute it starts,only to die a little later. If I drive it slowly it doesn't seem to stall.
lock up converter maybe ?.. I had a grand prix 3.1 that at a stop light would stall. Try unplugging it if it has it and see if it helps.. could be the overdrive going..

-

"fuel filters in the tank".......no, the fuel pickup 'sock' is in the tank. you have a fuel filter on the left frame rail.........kjun
Hey kjun thanks for letting know that,I'll change It and see If thats It.
check your connection to the IAC (idle air control) valve (or motor depending on who you're asking). if it's not working correctly or too slowly, it will cause symptoms like what you're describing.