'97 Cavalier Wnont Start

My teenage daughter drive a '97 Cavalier RS Coupe with a 2.2L and a 5-Speed manual tranny.
The car has been running well for her until recently.
I had her drive it to the local emission place for testing.
It passed emissions and within 3 blocks as she was breaking at a stop sign, she said she heard a small pop and it shut off and would not restart. We ended up having it towed home.
Not sure what's wrong with it...
I removed the plug wire and check for a spark using a spark tester. (Passed - on all cylinders) I can hear the fuel pump in the tank buzz for about 2 seconds when the key is place on the "ON" position I tried spraying starting fluid into the cylinder and it still would not start. I removed one of the plugs and lightly placed my finger to check for compression. (Passed) I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor and no change.
I went to my local parts store and rented a OBD-II tester and got the following...
P03042: camshaft position sensor A- bank 1 circuit low.
Does anyone have any ideas what to do next???
I am told the camshaft sensor will not prevent the vehicle from running.
HELPP!!!!!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

How many miles on the car? Sounds like it could be a broken timing belt - but I'm not sure if the 2.2 uses a timing belt or a chain. I know the 2.1's used a belt, but I just don't know about the 2.2.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

On 1/31/06 2:46 AM, in article EBEDf.20332$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net, "Jes"