97 Grand Am

I have a 97 Grand Am with a 3.1 Litre engine while driving the ETS light goes on and the ABS light goes on and won't go off until the car is restarted. When reading the codes no codes appear. The front and rear brakes
had been done about 7000Km ago and feel like the have to be done again. Any suggestion on what it could be turning on the lights
Thanks Mike

A standard OBDII code reader will not retrieve ABS codes.
What code reader will read abs

There are several on the market, usually rather expensive. I would suggest going to a good parts store (Napa, or the like) and checking there prices.