98 Buick Riviera 3 things - fuel door release; heated seat; console latch broken

Hi,
I've got a 98 Riviera with 3 issues; 1- The driver's heated seat isn't working. The button lights up as it should but there is no heat coming to the seat.
2- The fuel door release does not work when you press the button - fuse? 3- The console latch broke. Where can I find another one. I went to the dealer and you have to get a whole new lid for $300.
thanks,
BG.

I would check the fuses for the fist two, and also the wiring on the heated seat, then go to your local junk yard, or even www.ebay.com to find the console latch.
I pulled up the rear seat and checked the fuses, they all seem OK. I guess the next step is to change the release solenoid on the fuel door or the push button switch on the driver's door.
"80 Knight" <nospam> wrote in message

If you have a multimeter or a test light, you can also check to make sure there is power going back to the fuel door opener, when pressing the button. As for the fuses, did you check all of them? Usually there are some inside the car, and some under the hood too.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 04:08:39 -0400, 80 Knight cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

I just had a thought (sometimes they come slowly these days...). I had a similar problem on a 98 Regal. In my case it turned out to be sand and crud that had built up inside the filler door, from winter driving. It was inhibiting the movement of the release. Might be worth a quick check on your car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Got a Master Electronics nearby? They install heated seats & local to me. Local upholstery shop has done good jobs helping me find switches related to upholstered components. Luck to you. BTW: Nice ride. Sold quite a few and had happy buyers returning. s
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:45:47 -0600, Furnace cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

Common - and a costly repair.

Ummmm... ok, why not check the fuses?

Salvage yard.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
1-for the drivers seat, find and check the ground wire connection for corrosion etc. 2-fuel door release, ground wire, or corrosion on solinoid 3-console latch, wreckers (maybe) Fuses? fuses blow for a reason, putting in a new fuse doesn't correct the problem that caused it to blow. A new fuse will blow immediately when you try to use the item again. Check for a wire rubbing on metal that has exposed wire through insulation.

Furnace wrote:

Fuses? fuses blow for a reason, putting in a new fuse doesn't correct the problem that caused it to blow. A new fuse will blow immediately when you try to use the item again. Check for a wire rubbing on metal that has exposed wire through insulation.
Furnace wrote:

I took the switch off of the door panel and cleaned it up a bit. It didn't seem to be in too bad of shape. Put it back together and now it works. Go figure.
BG.
"