99 Camaro Headlight Problem

I have always left the headlight switch in the right-hand position, and they would go off after turning the ignition switch off. Two days ago in the morning my battery was dead. After charging the battery, I
now find that the headlights stay on even when the ignition is turned off (unless the headlight switch is turned to the left position). I also notice that the radio/clock display goes dim when I turn the light switch on. So something is causing the lights to remain on unless the headlight switch is off, and something is drawing current. It seems if there were a short, a fuse would be blowing. but that is not happening. Where is the sensor that is supposed to be above the instrument panel? Anyone have any idea what is wrong? A bad relay, perhaps?
Thank you kindly for any help with this.

Can't you just leave the headlight switch off?
Sure, I can always turn the headlight switch off, but I would like to know what happened to cause the current condition.
message

So, when you say you leave the headlight switch in the "right" hand position, that is the "on" position? And the "left" hand position is the "off" position? What about the headlights themselves, is it the running lights that stay on, or the full-blown headlights? Could be the DRL control module. I had one go out in a Bonnie once.

The full headlights come on. The headlight switch has three positions: Left, Center, and Right.
Please can you tell me where the DRL module is located and what does it look like? That sounds like it might be the problem to me.
Thank you.

message
They are right its your DRL control modual "Daytime Running Lights" if you unplug it the little light on your dash will flash on and off while you drive around...a remedy for that is to take out the light in your dash board hehe.

message
OK: I think it must be the DRL module that is bad. I would like to try replacing it myself. Can someone please tell me how to locate it in order to replace it?

message
That is an odd one. Just to add to the conversation, I second the other comment, as it would better to just leave the switch on the off position, many people like it better when others don't run their headlights during the day :). Besides your car comes equipped with DRLs that are not as annoying as your headlights (although it would be great if those were off, as well :).
My 98 truck had DRLs, but the headlight switch acts normally and my lights will stay on if I leave the switch in the on position. Sounds like your car has auto headlights and something is getting messed up somewhere.
Cheers,
Larry